Just imagine: all that masterfully coded back-end, all that hard work performed in the “backstage”, all those great features that you've created from scratch... turned into a worthless effort. And this because you haven't invested the same amount of time and effort in selecting your e-commerce site's theme, as well. So the question that arises now is: what are the free Drupal 8 Themes for eCommerce worth checking out?
So you can pick your perfectly suitable one, that would: meet, greet and retain your online visitors and spotlight your products.
Well, we've read your thoughts and done our research for you! We've dug deep into the “pile” of free Drupal 8 Themes designed specifically for online stores and put together a top 4.
And now, without further ado:
1. SShop, A Bootstrap-Based, Responsive Theme
Let's get straight to the features that convinced us that yes, this is a theme that deserves its place in the top 4 Drupal 8 responsive themes for e-commerce sites:
- it “spoils” you with out-of-the-box Drupal Commerce
- it's ideally quick & easy to install
- it provides you with a homepage slideshow (delivered by the Views Slideshow module, one of the many modules that the SShop theme supports)
- you get a multi-level responsive header menu out-of-the-box, as well
- it enables you to add as many fields as needed to your Default Product type
- and should I also add that you get Slider content types and a Blog out-of-the-box, too?
A whole “plethora” of built-in features offered to you “on a silver plate” for this theme not to get levelled up from just “another one of those free Drupal 8 eCommerce themes available on the web” to... one of those “definitely worth checking out”!
2. eStore, One of the Feature-Packed Free Drupal 8 Themes for eCommerce
If it's a fully responsive, Bootstrap Drupal theme, conveniently “overloaded” with e-commerce site features, that you need, than eStore is the one!
Now allow me to dig deep into this out-of-the-box “load” and take out some of the key features and cool functionalities that you'll get:
- a product layouts collection for you to scan through and select from
- the option to add your own fields to the Default Product type
- content types included in the configurations
- an out-of-the-box Blog to integrate with your e-commerce website
- Slider content types
And the list of features could go on. Do check it out before investing valuable time in looking through a whole load of Drupal 8 Themes based on Bootstrap available on the web!
3. Commerce Bootstrap-Based Theme: Designed to Speed Up Your Theming Process
That's right, this is one of those free Drupal 8 ecommerce themes — a sub-theme of the Bootstrap theme — geared towards speeding up the whole theming process of your e-commerce store.
And how does it do that? It just overrides the Drupal Commerce templates so that they match both Bootstrap and all the other helpers.
So, it's practically your “trump card” theme boosting the theming process by automatically handling all the matching — Drupal Commerce vs Bootstrap — for you.
Pretty convenient and definitely worth taking it out for a “drive test”, don't you think?
4. Belgrade: Fitted With Drupal Commerce in Mind
Another Drupal theme suitable for your (future) Drupal 8 e-commerce site.
An out-of-the-box one, designed specifically for Drupal commerce and developed via the previously mentioned Drupal theme here: the Commerce Bootstrap base theme.
Built, from the ground-up, to meet any online store's specific functionality needs. Therefore, worth taking it for a spin, don't you agree?
END of the list! Can't hide that I'm more than curious how your own top free Drupal 8 ecommerce themes looks like. What other visually-appealing, feature-packed themes does it include?
We do Drupal development
Go to our Drupal page!