Have you had enough of hearing and reading about cutting-edge Drupal's innovative features? About all the improvements that its developers have implemented to this version of Drupal? About its:
- unmatched functionality
- about how it can upload files a top speed
- about how it comes equipped with cool multilingual add-ons
- about the truly innovative mobile-first mentality that it embeds
- and about its goal to cut out the middlemen and empowering the end user even more?
Preparation is key for a smooth and effective upgrade to Drupal 8, you know!
1. Before You Upgrade to Drupal 8: Audit Your Current Site
- What sections of your current site do you use most frequently?
- What sections of your site are barely ever used?
- Is your current administrative interface user friendly enough?
- Are there any broken links or inefficient workflows on your site?
2. Keep It Under Version Control
3. Re-organize Your Team: Set Up a Modular Workflow
4. Audit Your Current Modules, One by One
- Are there modules on your site that you haven't been using in a long, long time and so, are just taking up space there?
- Are there deprecated modules on your current website?
- Are there modules which have been updated on Drupal.org, but not on your website, too?
- analyze the current status of each one of your modules on Drupal.org
- discover which ones of your Drupal 7 modules already have a Drupal 8 equivalent available
- find out what Drupal 7 modules have been transferred to Drupal 8 core
5. Run Security Updates Before You Upgrade to Drupal 8
6. Keep Up With The Latest Module Changes
- what modules will be part of Drupal 8' core?
- what modules are already deprecated?
- what modules are no longer part of the “contrib” section in Drupal 8?
We do Web development
Go to our Web development page!