And Still: Why Is It Crucial To Run a Content Audit?
- valuable information about the workflows and content life-cycle
- certain content patterns
- “gaps” within the content, that need to be filled up with strategic content
- you get to identify the “weak” pages on a website, those with low performance
How Do You Actually Evaluate Content on a Website?
- performance per page (analyze HTML tags and keywords)
- specific business goals
But What Does This Audit Include More Precisely?
- you need to check whether that persona's profile has already been sketched
- you need to check whether the already existing content on the website “speaks his/her language”
- you need to establish, at this point, what content stays as such, what content needs improvements and what content goes, based on whether it's efficiently adapted to that persona's specific profile
2. Content Inventory
3. Stakeholders Meetings
4. Content Gaps Evaluation
5. Your Competition's Content Evaluation
6. SEO audit
What Type of “Content” More Precisely?
- category pages
- product descriptions
- landing pages
- social media
How Do You “Wrap Up” and Present Your Final Insights?
- put them all together in a compelling story (never underestimate the power of storytelling)
- put together a strategy: clear goals+ clear means for meeting these goals
- select the “key” findings to present
- start your presentation with good news and continue with “issues” that you've identified during the audit
We do Web development
Go to our Web development page!