COVID TRIALS CANADA is a non-profit initiative supported by Think Research, the leading provider of cloud-based clinical solutions in Canada.
CovidTrials.ca is the first patient portal developed to streamline the recruitment process of volunteers willing to participate in COVID-19 clinical trials.
What the Client Needed
The main goal was to get the CovidTrials.ca up and running as quickly as possible (time was a critical factor, given the global context). Also, certain sections and pages of the website needed to be customized to fit the client's specific needs.
As for the technical requirements that we had to meet, the 2 most important ones have been:
- implementing a domain redirection: from the English version of the website to the French one and back
- integrating a marketing automation software with the contact form on the website
- We managed to build the website, from scratch, in record time, based on the wireframes that we received
- We worked closely with the client to customize some key pages/sections on CovidTrials.ca
- We managed to integrate the requested marketing automation tool, but not before we fixed some bugs in the Drupal module used for this integration
- We implemented the domain redirection requested
A crowdsourcing website with intuitive navigation where:
- the administrative team can edit content in no time
- users – patients volunteering to join COVID-19 clinical tests – can easily fill in a registration form with their data
The website successfully onboarded over 1,000 potential participants in six weeks and continues to attract public interest.