Drupal is a popular open-source platform for content management that provides rich functionality and high customization capabilities to enhance the user experience.
Many companies are already making the switch to Drupal 8 and reaping multiple benefits for their website development processes.
Are you too considering the idea of migrating your website to Drupal? To help you better understand why you should take this step and how can Drupal maximize your website's performance, have a look at these key reasons to start your Drupal migration.
Why should you migrate to Drupal 8?
The right question should be: why not? There are plenty of reasons why a Drupal migration should be the next step in your web development endeavors, such as:
- Drupal 8 has a mobile-first approach out-of-the-box. Unlike previous versions of Drupal, you don’t need to handle any customization for building a responsive website or application. Drupal 8 is mobile-friendly at its core.
- Drupal 8 provides improved front-end perceived performance. With BigPipe technology being part of Drupal 8’s core, you don’t have to worry about website performance anymore—you’ll benefit from faster loading times out-of-the-box.
- Drupal 8 is easier to use than previous versions. For everyone complaining about the back-end experience of managing and editing Drupal websites and custom modules, Drupal 8 was designed with these complaints in mind. Managing the content on your website is now easier with Drupal 8 thanks to new features that make editing more accessible and comfortable.
- Drupal 8 provides multilingual support. In other words, you can easily create multilingual websites due to Drupal 8’s multilingual core capabilities.
- Drupal 8 has enhanced security features. Drupal has been long known as one of the most secure CMS on the market and Drupal 8’s security updates are here to confirm it.
- Drupal 8 is highly SEO-friendly. With Drupal's advanced SEO capabilities, your website will have better visibility and rank higher on search engines. Drupal 8 has plenty of tools for upgrading SEO, including a SEO starter kit that you can easily access and manage.
Have you decided to move your website from WordPress or Joomla to Drupal? Or maybe you are looking to upgrade Drupal 6 or 7 to Drupal 8? If you answered ‘yes’ to either one of those questions, then a Drupal migration is the next step for you.
We know it wasn't easy for you to finally make this decision. We also understand that you may now face a major challenge: migrations are costly and time-consuming. There are plenty of pre-planning requirements for migrating to Drupal 8, which are often long and tedious. Outsourcing your migration projects to a third-party company that provides a reliable migration service might be the safest bet.
Drupal is a scalable and flexible solution that can be moulded into anything you need it to be. It has enterprise-level security and an innovative modular-type system. It also has a steep learning curve because of everything you can do with it. Because of this, it requires Drupal-specific developers who have to know how to use it to its full potential.
Optasy is here to make this transition smooth and time-effective by offering high-quality Drupal migration services. The goal is to have the least amount of impact on your company's daily activities as possible. Downtime = lost revenue and we don't want that to happen.
Our Drupal team of experts will handle your migration carefully to minimize downtime and maximize the power of Drupal. Sooner than you think, you’ll have your migration projects completed and your Drupal website up and running to its full potential.
To better understand the process of migrating to Drupal, have a look at the main migration workflow used by our Drupal professionals.
Steps To Migrate Your Website To Drupal
- Step 1: Your website will undergo rigorous analysis. Our team of Drupal experts will take a close look at your current system's database. We perform functionality tests and deeply analyze the current framework. We then come up with a customized solution specific to your company's website needs.
- Step 2: Decide which modules and design theme your current website can migrate to Drupal. Then we figure out which ones we'll develop from scratch and which ones simply need an upgrade.
- Step 3: Once planning and analysis are complete, the migration of your website's components begins. This includes content, your database, usernames, emails, plugins, extensions, and user groups. It also includes metadata so that you don't lose any previous SEO work completed. We handle this with the greatest caution. We secure your valuable data and make a smooth transition from one platform to another.
- Step 4: Test, test, and more testing. We test until we are 100% certain that your newly-built Drupal website runs perfectly. And with significantly improved performance.
A Smooth Migration Process
We guarantee you that the whole migration process will go smoothly. Our Drupal migration services won't interfere or slow down your team's workflow. It also won't cause any downtime on your website, so you won't lose out on profits.
Our confidence relies on our access to using the best tools and resources. We also apply a proven efficient methodology based on many years of experience.
The migration process of your website happens on your server and behind the curtains. This guarantees zero impact on your daily workflow. It enables you to keep making sales or getting leads while your website migrates to Drupal's platform.
Benefits Of Optasy’s Drupal Migration Services
- Faster website
- Improve performance
- No downtime
- Experienced Drupal experts
- Seamless data and content migration
- Maintain SEO work previously completed
Upgrade To Drupal 8
Upgrading to the new Drupal 8 will make your website work (and look great) on any device to meet the needs of your diverse audience.
Some other key benefits of making the switch to Drupal 8 are:
- Mobile-first ready. This version of Drupal has been designed to embrace the shift towards mobile.
- Fully responsive web design right out-of-the-box.
- Multilingual features. The platform is built to support any language.
- Mobile-friendly admin features. Now you can see everything right on your phone.
- Supports mobile app development.
- Easier to add content more than ever before.
- Flexible content delivery. This enables you to create and deliver content to any channel, device, or application.
Your migration to Drupal doesn’t have to be complicated. With the right Drupal migration services and support from a professional Drupal team, you can enhance your web development projects to deliver optimized, accessible, and intuitive user experiences.
“Although you could flex Drupal 7 to adapt to this changing environment, the real power and flexibility comes with having a Drupal 8 architecture where this flexibility is already in the core. That has implications for performance, adaptability, simpler architecture of services around Drupal, etc.” - Alex Moreno, Drupal software architect.
We do Web development
Go to our Web development page!