But Why MuleSoft?
Is this the right question? Or maybe are you (still) asking yourself: "Why do I need an integration platform after all?"
Here are some clues you that you do need a powerful enterprise application integration technology:
- your IT infrastructure incorporates at least 3 applications/services or features at least 3 integration points
- you're relying on more than just one type of communication protocol
- you're anticipating the need to plug in even more applications in the future to come
- it's got increasingly challenging for your team to effectively orchestrate your whole ecosystem of applications (e-commerce, Big Data Analytics, portals, WCM, ECM, CRM, BI etc.), some custom-built, others coming from integrated third parties, others part of your legacy system and, moreover: running on different environments
Does any of the above scenarios sound (too) familiar to you?
Then it's a fact: your business's growth depends on an integration platform, one that should both incorporate and connect all the apps, processes and systems used within your enterprise. One should allow data to flow from one app to another.
And now let's get back to our initial question: “But Why MuleSoft?”
So you've identified your “need” of an integration technology. Now let us point out to you how you can actually benefit from choosing MuleSoft as your integration technology:
- The MuleSoft Anypoint Platform (or hybrid integration platform) is that highly flexible, unified platform that connects and manages all your apps, data source or API in one place, thus offering connectivity across SOA, SaaS and Api's. Its an all-in-one platform, incorporating multiple products built to serve your integration needs: CloudHub, Mule ESB, Anypoint technology etc. Your entire constellation of critical business app connected on a one single platform, so they can seamlessly exchange enterprise information!
- ESB, the transit system (or a “lightweight Java-based enterprise service bus”, if you prefer) that practically makes the data exchanging and the communication among different apps happen! And all this regardless of the transport protocol used and of whether your apps are across the internet or on the same virtual machine within your enterprise
- It's incredibly scalable: practically your MuleSoft platform grows in the same rhythm as your company's needs. You get to start small and then to keep enriching your ecosystem of apps. The platform's built to seamlessly incorporate them all
- It's powerful: it's built to handle highly complex infrastructures
- Any type of component can become a “Mule component” to be integrated into your unified platform
- You're not conditioned to apply any changes whatsoever to your existing components: there's no Mule-specific code to be added
- It comes with no design restrictions (e.g. WSDL or XML)
- It's embeddable (and have we already mentioned “lightweight”?), reducing both the app development and market time
- It's enterprise feature-rich: it provides you with performance monitoring and management tools
- It's built on open source technology: meaning that your enterprise gets automatically backed up by a worldwide community of contributors constantly adding new features to the platform and solving bugs