A health portal featuring an entire "mosaic" of content types (health-related articles, job announcements, medical news, promotion material of various companies presenting their medical devices etc.), as well as a patient-dedicated forum and a whole collection of mini-sites that users (health-care companies, clinics, hospitals, pharmacies etc.) get to easily administer.
In a nutshell: I-medic.ro is now a content-packed portal, one hosting a whole “ecosystem” of mini-sites, that runs smoothly on Drupal 7.
Our team's work:
Migrating such a content-heavy portal (with its whole “constellation” of mini-sites, too, each one with a theme of its own) from Drupal 5 to Drupal 7 has been by far our greatest challenge and, implicitly, the most rewarding achievement, too.
Next in our own hierarchy of outcomes for this project would be:
- creating and implementing an online scheduling appointment platform
- streamlining the whole content management workflow for the mini-websites' administrators (and here Drupal 7's improved administrative interface easied our job a lot)
- coming up with a more professional look and feel, with a new modern design for the portal
- making minor "fixes", such as creating more efficient listings, handling the broken URLs, making the breadcrumbs more visible
- Drupal custom development
- Drupal Bootstrap theming
- Drupal performance tuning
- migration from Drupal 5 to Drupal 7
- implemented an online scheduling appointment platform
- improved the content management workflow
- came up with a new design
- fixed minor problems